Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Brittany says: "Did I mention my family came to Chicago to visit us?"

Right now my life is pretty boring and uneventful. I pretty much sit around all day trying to find silly things to occupy my time while Jason is looking for a job. (The highlight of my day yesterday was going to the grocery store and then coming home and making fresh pico de gallo. Super thrilling!) Since I don't have much to tell you about life right now, I thought I would spend a few blog posts going over some of the things that happened this summer that I never posted.

Over the summer my parents and two of my sisters (Caitlyn and Emily) came and visited us in Chicago. We did a lot of fun things and I mean a lot! Let's just say between the busy week with my family and my morning sickness I definitely needed a few days to recuperate. We went to the Shedd Aquarium, the Planetarium, the Field Museum, a White Sox games, Six Flags, the Art Institute of Chicago, etc. And of course we also did a lot of eating and shopping!

This is a picture of me and Caitlyn on a boat tour of the Chicago river and Lake Michigan.


Here is the Chicago skyline from the boat.


This is my mom and dad.


Waiting anxiously to try real Chicago deep dish pizza. (It was actually pretty disappointing, but I was pregnant so I wouldn't necessarily trust my taste buds.)


The Field Museum had an amazing Egyptian Exhibit! Most of the pyramid they had was a replica, but this piece was authentic. They also had at least a dozen real mummies.


This T-Rex named Sue was also at the Field Museum.


Emily loved riding the trains and buses while they were there. It was definitely a convenient way to travel but it made me a little sick :(


This was one of the scariest train stations we saw in Chicago. Okay, maybe it was just the dirtiest because it was under construction, but it still made me nervous!


No trip to Chicago is complete without a baseball game.


Emily and my dad got matching White Sox hats.


Jason eating an authentic Chicago dog. I have to admit though that J-Dawgs in Provo has better hot dogs than any of the ones we tried in Chicago.


Baseball, hot dogs, and a beautiful wife. What more could you ask for?

3 comments:

  1. Finally, a new post! Don't worry Brittany - in a few short months your time will be consumed by a baby so enjoy the free time. And sleep as much as you can! Just a little sisterly advice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brit- I found your blog through facebook! Are you guys still in Chi-town? If so we need to get together with you guys! So exciting that you are expecting! Babies are the BEST!!!! Hope everything is well and you are hanging in their with the pregnancy.

    Chelsea
    evanandchelseafam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete